Linux Systems Administrator – Brighton and Hove, East Sussex £45k
Systems Administrator, Brighton technology business. This is a newly created role within a highly dynamic technology business.
Core requirement maintaining and scaling Linux based servers and the services that they run. The role involves managing various Linux virtual machines, which run a wide variety of applications.
• end-to-end security ensuring best practices are always implemented•
• Work closely with the development team to help share knowledge
• Take ownership of projects to produce a high uptime environment
• Work in a DevOps capacity with a focus on automation
• Perform effectively to tight deadlines, work well both independently and as part of a team
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of installing and supporting many Linux and Windows distributions, specifically Debian based systems
- Extensive knowledge of physical networking and networking protocols
- Knowledge and experience of configuration management tools
- Knowledge and experience with VMWare technologies.
- Proven database administration skills (MySQL and Replication)
- Extensive knowledge of Bash scripting
- Knowledge of video streaming protocols (RTSP/RTMP, HLS, DASH)
- Knowledge and experience of supporting LAMP installations.
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools.
• Knowledge and Experience of the Python or other scripting based languages
• Exposure to version control (Git and Mercurial)
• Experience with managing ESXi nodes and clusters
Please contact Marcus Freeman and the team at ARC IT Recruitment to discuss, this role is being offered on a sole agency basis.
Brighton, East Sussex