Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Application Architect – Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
- Deliver application architecture and designs to meet requirements defined by the business for critical production systems.
- Employ extensive experience working with relevant development technologies to design and deliver prototypes, applications, and interfaces to business critical applications
- Work with internal business and operational teams to deliver system designs in line with the technical roadmap.
- Provide technical advice and guidance both internally and externally on the architecture, design, and development of business critical production systems.
- Liaise with business and operational teams to ensure deliverables are produced which meet business expectations and requirements.
- Liaise with development, testing teams to ensure the design is clearly understood and implemented in line with the core business architectural principles.
- Liaise with testing and operational teams to ensure the smooth migration of developed code from one environment to another.
- IT-related degree or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good technical skills with a good knowledge of solution design and architecture.
- Experience of best practice relating to development methodologies and application lifecycle management.
- Experience and awareness of software design patterns and their application to solving problems.
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services, and associated technologies.
- Experience of technical mentoring and in-depth problem-solving and associated communication skills.
- Proven aptitude to rapidly adopt and implement new techniques and technologies, and to drive innovation in approaches to development.
- Experience of software development within an agile development environment, including implementing supporting tools or techniques.
Experience of designing and implementing systems / software solutions that operate in a critical production / manufacturing environment desirable.
This is a great opportunity to work within a brilliant organisation offering genuine scope to evolve and further progress your career. Please send your CV through to Marcus Freeman at ARC IT for consideration.
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Up to £70k + 15% bonus + car allowance + benefits