Crawley, West Sussex
£60k plus excellent benefits and bonus
(Azure, Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint)
Infrastructure Architects are required by leading Financial Services organisation based in West Sussex. This role will require a talented Technical Architect to work closely with IT colleagues on both company-wide programmes and smaller, but highly time sensitive projects sometimes involving external clients. You will be keen to utilise your in-depth technical skills to design robust and innovative solutions in line with the group IT strategy. This is a great opportunity to add a tangible benefit to a wide range of IT activities.
• Maintaining an awareness of the wider environment by creating and communicating standards, governance processes, approved architecture models, systems and technologies deployed and corporate and IT strategies.
• Acting as key resource in the project lifecycle, from driving the initiation and infrastructure design, to overseeing implementation.
• Producing high level and detailed technical designs and documentation for complex technical solutions. Mapping requirements onto practical, maintainable solutions, taking into account cost, quality and complexity.
• Creating and maintaining a repository for infrastructure artefacts covering the infrastructure architecture continuum.
• Participate in Architecture design reviews and other technical governance forums across the organisation representing the infrastructure team across multiple projects.
• Assisting in defining and maintaining architectural, security and technical standards, reflecting evolving technology and emerging best practice.
• Providing ongoing mentoring to others in IT, including support teams.
• Sound understanding of broader Data Centre technologies (Server, Storage, Networks, Server Virtualisation etc.)
• Design and deliver multi-tiered application infrastructure, including designing changes to existing services.
• Strong communicator, capable of understanding business requirements and translating them into IT approaches.
• Industry certification and knowledge of architecture and delivery frameworks a distinct advantage (MCSE, CCNA, TOGAF, Prince2).
In depth experience of designing, securing, implementing and supporting enterprise solutions in a primarily Microsoft Windows environment, utilising:
• Microsoft Active Directory spanning multiple forests and sites.
• Core Microsoft technologies e.g. SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint.
• Deployment, configuration management and monitoring systems, such as Microsoft System Centre.
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies, ideally Azure.
For a full consultation on this highly pivotal role please send your CV or call Rebecca on 01273 781800.