IS Service Manager, Insurance
City of London
To £75k plus bonus and benefits
IS Service Manager is required by buoyant Insurance organization based in the City of London.
In this role you will provide leadership and management of both the processes and the resources required to plan and deliver IS services to support business plans within time, cost and quality parameters. As a member of the management team within the IS department, you will provide input into the creation, iteration and delivery of the wider IS strategy which aligns organisational actions and plans.
- Identify and manage resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of IS services that support business plans managing a team of service desk analysts, application support analysts, system analysis and development resources
- Engage with and influences stakeholders at all levels in relation to IS service delivery providing both informal and formal reporting
- Take full responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting for the IS Service Team
- Control and manage the backlog of Application Support work items providing oversight to the triage of support requests
- Review service delivery to ensure that agreed targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that incidents are handled according to agreed procedures. Ensures that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed.
- Facilitate availability and optimum utilisation of resources within the team to deliver against agreed plans. Escalates to management where there is resource contention
- Experience of setting up and running a high performing IT Service Team.
- Leadership experience of a team of service desk analysts and application support analysts
- Knowledge of insurance and systems
- Understanding of system possibilities and dependencies
- Understanding of the MGA model
- Insurance industry experience
For a full consultation on this role please forward your CV to Arc IT.