GIS Consultant/ Technician
£50K-£55K Plus Benefits
GIS, Scripting, GeoServer, SQL
GIS Consultant/ Technician is required by hugely successful, collaborative data driven software and services organisation based in Horsham. This role is very client-focused so it is essentially you are able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers
- Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies
- Specific knowledge of geospatial techniques and architectures
- Knowledge of geospatial data types and formats (preferably in the maritime domain)
- Knowledge of GIS tools (how to use them and how to extend them to support specialist workflows)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python )
- Knowledge of GeoServer (how to set it up, how to configure it and how to use it)
- Knowledge of spatially enabled databases (PostGreSQL/GIS, SQLServer etc.)
For a full consultation, please send your CV to Arc IT.