Horsham, West Sussex
£competitive day rate
GIS, Scripting, Python, GeoServer, SQL
GIS Consultant/ Technician is required by hugely successful, collaborative data driven software and services organisation based in Horsham. This role is very client-focused so it is essentially you are able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Deliver technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis and research
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
- Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
Key Technical Skills:
- Experience deploying and administering Geoserver in a Linux environment
- A strong background in software engineering with a solid understanding of the SDLC
- Knowledge of spatially enabled databases (PostGreSQL/GIS, SQLServer etc.)
- Knowledge of geospatial data types and formats (preferably in the maritime domain)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience working in an agile team
For a full consultation, please send your CV to Arc IT.