Business Analyst, Software, Agile
Brighton, East Sussex
£42 - £46k plus benefits
Agile, .NET, SQL Server, MVP, UML
Business Analyst with a firm understanding of the .net framework is required for an innovative and well-established Brighton based software house. This role would suit either a strong Analyst looking for progression or an established Business Analyst looking to join a vibrant and successful team. Reporting to the Service Design Technical Manager and working in close partnership with the Product owner, Business Relationship Team and Integration Engineers, you will be part of a high-performance cross discipline agile team comprising of Developers, Analysts, and Testers across all levels of skill and experience.
As an Analyst you will focus on ascertaining an in-depth understanding of customer and technical requirements, identifying process improvements, developing business process flows and mock-ups and demonstrate effective management of assignments to deliver on time and on budget.
As this role requires regular visits to customer sites, you must be comfortable travelling unaccompanied to locations within the UK.
This role will appeal to a technically minded Business Analyst who is looking to enhance their existing skills by working on a wide variety of unique cutting-edge projects.
- Prepare for the analysis activity through reviewing the domain, evaluating stakeholders, determining the output required and how best to achieve success
- Conduct the analysis activity at customer locations in the UK or abroad to have face to face discussions and hold group workshops
- Review the analysis and produce requirements with supporting documentation, which both the customer and technical teams understand
- Communicate the documented analysis, thereby assisting in the approval of the output and ensuring the technical team deliver the required solution in accordance with the customer expectations
- Support the development and release of the required solution by providing good and frequent collaboration with the technical and delivery teams, and verification of the developed output
- Be accountable for the project scope in line with budget and customer expectations
- Provide timely updates to stakeholders, escalating issues when necessary
- Identify and manage risks to aid the success of the project
- Document progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the technical department
- Collaborate in a professional and friendly manner with specialist staff (internal and external) at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Respond to support requests and post release queries by providing knowledge and documentation
- Experience in delivering software using various software methodologies, particularly Agile
- Experience in creating UML models and diagrams, particularly conceptual domain models, activity diagrams, and use case diagrams
- Experience in developing and documenting requirements, with acceptance tests, and providing supporting artefacts like wireframes and data dictionaries
- Must be able to achieve Security Clearance (SC) status
This is a superb opportunity to join this successful and dedicated workforce. For more information on this role please forward your CV to Arc IT Recruitment.