Technical Business Analyst - Data, Dashboard, BI
Circa £550 / day
BI, Data, Lake, Data Ingestion, Dashboard, Agile, Business Intelligence, Analyst, MDM
BI / Data Business Analyst opportunity has arisen working for a market leading Insuretech division of progressive city based Insurance organisation. This role will see you working on strategic Business Intelligence projects with enterprise level systems and have an appreciation of Datamodelling techniques. You will be working primarily with a technical / systems focus on various projects and initiatives focused on the development of Business Intelligence (BI) Dashboards. Working very closely with the BI/Dashboard developers in an agile capacity.
- Working closely with technical driving agile software development within BI / dashboarding space
- Requirements gathering and analysis for BI/ Data / Dashboard projects, using a variety of methodologies: (functional/non-functional requirements, user stories, backlog, traceability)
- Performing the full requirements lifecycle – elicitation, analysis, documentation and management
- Planning, managing and running workshops, interviews and prototyping sessions in order to elicit requirements
- Work with Product Managers or act as the Product Owner on projects to build and maintain product backlogs which can be used to gain stakeholder agreement as well as provide suitable information to developers to build/configure products
- Becoming an expert in system requirements during the implementation of a project
- Managing scope change and requirements during implementation
- Configuration of business systems
- Providing training and production of reference documentation for new systems
- Requirements Engineering – requirement elicitation and creating User Stories
- Experience in requirements elicitation from various stakeholder groups, such as 1-1s and workshops
- Demonstrable SQL skills to query complex data sets
- Experience in data visualisation, either building or rolling out to users
- Experience with data ingestion processes and the ability to read and understand database schemas, including the relationships between objects and key terminology
- Strong Agile delivery experience
- An understanding of what makes good user stories, how to create and maintain a good product backlog and managing scope changes
You will be joining a very well established and vibrant team who are in the throes of major, cutting-edge expansion and product development.
For a full consultation on this role please email your CV to Arc IT ASAP.