Worthing, West Sussex
Solutions Architect is required by thriving financial services organisation based in Worthing, West Sussex. This role is focused on the delivery of software solutions supporting the core global platforms, including their integration with internal and web facing systems, to support a growing portfolio of work. Working as part of wider delivery/project team you’ll play a leading role in shaping and directing solution developments, starting before project implementation begins and continuing this role through the life of the project.
Your background should include experience of providing solution architectures within high volume e-commerce and/or highly transactional financial service enterprises. This is an exciting and challenging role, helping to mature and develop the solution architecture practice whilst supporting a growing global business.
- Design and communicate solution architectures, helping support global delivery teams in the design and development of integrated reusable solutions
- Through collaboration with wider Architecture teams/resources, produce solution architecture designs that adhere to standard, strategies and practices (including security)
- Present architecture design proposals to gain agreement from the global architecture review board
- Maintain and own core application frameworks ensuring changes and modifications support the global business and remain compatible with existing integrations
- Consider organisation process and service changes in addition to technology solutions
- Balance solutions using time and cost as factors whilst identifying and mitigating technical risks
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders at varying levels to ensure that all aspects of the solution are fully considered and agreed
- Ensure Solution Architectures are scalable and support known future product and technology roadmaps
- Work on multiple projects at various stages of delivery
- Awareness and knowledge of architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, ArchiMate, C4, UML, SysML
- A keen interest in technology and emerging trends
- Knowledge of and experience in using Object Orientated Analysis and Design and the Unified Modelling Language
- Experience of working within a software delivery lifecycle as part of multiple project teams
- Experience in the financial sector preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of/experience in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Awareness of IT Data Security standards
- Experience in SQL Server and high-level database design
- Knowledge of/experience in enterprise development technologies and tools
For a full consultation on this role please email your CV to Arc IT Recruitment.