Azure Cloud Architect
Crawley, Gatwick, Surrey/Sussex
MS Azure, MS AD, Virtualisation
Cloud Architect is required by a leading multinational organisation ideally located close to Gatwick Airport. This is a pivotal role working as part of the Global IT Architecture team, you will have strong cloud Virtualization/Application Hosting, Systems Management, Scripting & Automation around Infrastructure as Code, and Operations background.
You will be responsible for the developing the Operations Architecture of existing and new IaaS, Paas, SaaS, and BPaaS components pursuant to measurement, performance, charge-back, show-back, financial analysis, capacity planning, security, and business continuity/disaster recovery leveraging our virtualization strategy through cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices. You will architect, deploy and maintain high-availability, fault-tolerant private & public cloud systems within Microsoft Azure.
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance, high-availability public, private, and hybrid cloud environments through Microsoft Azure
- Act as SME on virtualization and cloud technologies and implement scalability and performance models and road-maps
- Collaborate with the Director of Cloud Solutions, Director of Cloud Operations and Head of Global IT Infrastructure in managing cost-efficient cloud Infrastructure and estimation to derive the best implementation strategies in global markets
- Plan, define, develop, and execute high level and low-level Cloud design documents, policies, procedures, resources, standards and project commitments
- Maintain Infrastructure for the provisioning, configuration, and compliance of Microsoft Windows and Citrix environments
- Drive value from 3rd party vendors through governance, KPI’s and SLA’s
- Significant hands-on experience with Microsoft AZURE automation using JSON and Microsoft PowerShell, DevOps (VSTS), and DSC
- Significant hands-on experience with virtualization technologies including: HyperV, XenApp/Desktop, VMware
- 7+ years strong experience in managing or consulting of enterprise application infrastructure such as Citrix Xenapp and Microsoft AD & SQL. Datacenter experience is preferred
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification is a plus
- An in depth understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models with a specific focus on Azure
- Extensive experience in conducting Cloud Readiness Assessments observing business and technical perspectives
- Experience in conducting cloud service maps, TCO analysis, security considerations as part of a wider Cloud Adoption Framework
- Strong experience in managing applications in load balanced environment
- Strong experience with VMware technologies such as Virtual Center Operations, Automation, VMware VRA, and Cloud tools
- Experience in network and security architecture
- Experience in working with Java, Web Services, SOA
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
For a full consultation on these roles, please email your CV to Arc IT.