Release Train Engineer (RTE) is required by leading international medical organisation based close to Gatwick Airport. The RTE’s focus is to deliver value by managing program level processes and execution against program release goals. In this capacity, the RTE is concerned with the long-term health and ability of the team to deliver value at a sustainable pace and foster a culture of continuous learning, self-inspection and improvement. You will have a solid grasp of how to scale Lean and Agile practices and understand the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a large program.
- Facilitate program level ceremonies such as Program Increment (PI) Planning, Inspect and Adapt workshops, Product Owner (PO) sync, System Demos and Scrum of Scrums.
- Work closely with functional management to highlight and help remove impediments impacting development teams
- Manage dependencies between delivery teams within or across various Release Trains
- Gather and report performance information (e.g. PI burn down data) and communicate metrics to ensure transparency on Release Train status
- Track and manage execution against program release goals
- Ensure continuous communication between Product Owners and programme stakeholders including Product Manager and Subject Matter Experts
- Support setting and communication of programme priorities to the teams
- Embody the Lean-Agile mindset
- Aggregate and drive team PI objectives into Program / release objectives to ensure alignment with business and successful delivery
- Participate in enterprise program management improvement and standardisation activities
- Encourage collaboration between solution architects and Agile teams
- Significant experience as an RTE / Agile Coach / Scrum master
- Experience in facilitation / moderation of large-scale events and workshops
- Successful track record with agile methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in an agile environment
- Experience in hardware or complex systems engineering strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office & Sharepoint
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- SAFe SASM, RTE or other advanced certification preferred
For a full consultation on this role please email your CV to Arc IT Recruitment.