UX Design Manager is desired by prestigious, high value electronic device manufacturer with offices in the Gatwick area to play a key role in the complex product design, encompassing feel, look, usability, simplification & empowerment as key attributes of product UX design. Design for our client, encompasses hardware and software (industrial design, interaction design & graphic design), with reporting lines to Director level.
- Working with Directorship of UX to understand business line roadmaps and define design strategy and principles
- Managing the team that delivers the design of all user-facing touchpoints across multiple products
- Maintain and update the Design System as needed for product design.
- Maintain and update user experience design vision and design principles.
- Work with the usability team to ensure that designs make sense to users and meet their needs.
- Work with the UI Architecture team to either ensure that designs align with platform architecture and are implementable
- Ensuring that our design efforts are aligned with the brand
- Take responsibility for the creative direction for large projects (and rolling sleeves up when necessary).
- Establish good practices for translating design into software products (for example, writing verifiable design requirements for UI designs)
- 10+ years experience as designer (individual contributor)
- 3+ years experience as design manager
- Experience developing designs and design systems for complex products: hardware and software, mobile and web.
- Passion for developing solutions to complex problems (for example, safety-critical tasks distributed across people, places, equipment and time)
- Be an excellent storyteller with effective stakeholder management and presenting skills
- Familiarity with web and mobile software development technologies will be very useful, but is not essential.