IT Security Architect is sought by prestigious and vibrant financial services organisation in the City. This role will see you joining their IT Architecture function and contributing to system designs and reviews to ensure appropriate technical security controls are implemented. This position will play a central role in helping them evolve their Azure & Office 365 capabilities and reliant services they deliver to 5000 users who are globally distributed. This role is broad in its scope and requires you to draw on your deep and wide technical security experience. The Security Architect will be expected to critique and advise of practical ways to secure systems from the physical to the application layer. Ideally you will have demonstrable experience in improving security posture in enterprise estates through the application of technical security best practices.
- Work as part of the Architecture team to design new systems and services with a focus on security aspects
- Develop and maintain a security architecture process that enables the application of security solution and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, policy and threat drivers
- Develop and maintain security architecture artefacts (models, templates and standards and procedures) that can be used to leverage security capabilities and projects and operations
- Track developments and changes in the industry and threat environment to ensure that the business and systems are adequately protected
- Proactively review and identify weaknesses in existing systems, document in operational risk register and recommend appropriate remediations
- Develop and maintain a technical security strategy to support security focused and non-security focused IT transformation activities
- Review new systems security posture, propose improvements and oversee compliance with approved designs
- Professional security management certification or equivalent such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA
- Experience of working in an established architecture function authoring technical documentation such as strategy papers, requirement documents and high-level designs
- Combined IT and Security work experience with broad exposure to infrastructure, network and multiplatform environments
- Experience of designing systems that make use of additional security systems such as PAM, SIEM, MFA, etc.
- Strong working experience of Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, Conditional Access and RBAC concepts and real-world application
- Strong working knowledge of technical concepts such as multi-site networking, load balancing, application firewalling, proxies, cryptography concepts and authentication protocols such as oAuth
- Experience in designing compensating controls when systems cannot integrate with preferred security solutions
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies