Technical Support Team Leader is required by buoyant international medical organisation. This will see you working in a fast-paced and exciting work environment, delivering professional customer support for their innovative software and hardware solutions.
The key activities of the role consist of recruiting, developing, mentoring, managing and utilizing support resources effectively while continuing to review and minimize support costs. In addition to this a keen technical understanding of client-server environments, SQL databases and networking will be required to teach and mentor new support staff.
- Arrange appropriate support coverage and organize that all customer contact systems, e.g. phone, portal, email, are staffed to meet our customer commitments
- Mentor support specialists
- Escalate any gaps or potential gaps in the support allocation
- Monitor open cases and ensure that they are managed correctly within set goals and timelines
- Ensure that cases are escalated and managed as necessary keeping response and resolution times to an absolute minimum
- Continuously monitor the performance of the team and recommend changes to skill sets, resource allocations as well as process change improvements to improve customer satisfaction
- Support the Tier 1 Support Manager with an effective recruitment and on boarding process for all new staff joining the team
- Manage the availability of support specialist for appropriate training to maintain and develop their skills
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs or increase revenues at the same time as maintaining or improving customer satisfaction
- Attend internal and customer facing meetings
- Troubleshoot product issues in a live clinical environment. Resolve and/or escalate cases as required
- Prioritize activities to ensure clinical system down problems receive immediate attention
- Visit customer sites to investigate and resolve product or political issues