Compliance and Data Protection Officer is required by buoyant Insurance group. This role will see you reporting into the COO within insurtech and hold responsibility for managing the scope, design, implementation and rollout of a risk and compliance framework. The framework will set the bar for required levels of IT, Data Protection and other regulatory compliance, in order to maintain silent running, mitigate risk and improve operational efficiency. This is a multi-faceted role, and will suit you if you have a clear interest in data analytics activities and in helping to identify and establish effective but proportionate risk and compliance controls, in a dynamic and data-driven business.
- Own and manage Data Protection compliance activities.
- Establish processes to monitor compliance with UK (DPA) and EU (GDPR).
- Develop internal policies and processes to help ensure Data Protection obligations.
- Support new and existing clients’ due diligence processes.
- Manage and support the conduct of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs).
- Develop KRI reporting processes.
Risk & Compliance:
- Implement and Lead the Risk Management and Compliance Framework.
- Establish and monitor organisational risk appetite.
- Provide support for projects in regards to Risk and Compliance needs where required.
- Design, implement and lead a global risk management strategy for the organisation
- Develop lean yet efficient risk processes.
- A passion for risk management
- Experience of creating and implementing a proportionate yet robust risk and compliance framework (e.g. COSO, PRINCE2)
- Technical risk management expertise with the ability to translate into business language (e.g. well versed in how to effectively document risks using e.g. PRINCE2 methods)
- Experience in a risk function within an Insurance or Financial Services environment
- Knowledge of GDPR and data privacy in a global context
- Experience of designing and implementing compliance checklists/rules and KPIs
- Proficient in risk management tooling (e.g. Xactium etc.)
Desirable extra skills and experience:
- Data Governance
- Creating compliance standards and codification
- Experience of working within ISO27001 requirements and/or ISO27001 implementation
For a full consultation on this role please email your CV to Arc IT Recruitment.