DevOps Engineer is sought by market leading technology organisation. The offices are based near Gatwick Airport, however remote working is an option here.
As a DevOps engineer, you'll be working side-by-side with Scrum teams ensuring a smooth, rapid flow of software to their customers, not only provisioning environments but also configuring them and deploying solutions to our customers and optimising that pipeline through automation.
This is a highly technical role with an opportunity to work in creating an environment of continuous learning and development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate as part of their DevOps community with Scrum teams to optimise the product delivery pipeline to customers
- Shorten the cycle time to market through the automation and optimisation of environment provisioning, configuration and deployment
- Bring your energy to learning, sharing and evolving your knowledge and capabilities in DevOps to create a rapid, seamless application delivery pipeline
- Help them on their journey of Infrastructure as code
What you’ll bring:
- In-depth configuration management, automation and scripting skills (e.g., Powershell)
- In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (e.g., Chef, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (e.g., SCRUM, XP)
- Exposure to continuous integration and build tools (e.g., Jenkins)
- Use of source code version control (e.g., git (Bitbucket))
- Linux/UNIX system administration skills with a bias toward RedHat Enterprise and Windows system administration
- In depth knowledge of virtualisation platforms (e.g., VMWare and HyperV)
For a full consultation on this role please email your CV to Arc IT Recruitment.