IT Manager, Azure
South East, Gatwick, Crawley, To £90k plus bonus plus benefits
Senior IT Manager is required by multinational organization with state-of-the-art offices close to Gatwick. They operate a hybrid working pattern incorporating 3 days a week in the office. You will have a strong Technology and Security background, as well as experience in Cloud, Virtualization/Application Hosting, System Management, and Networking. You will be responsible for the support and managed service components pursuant to the global IT infrastructure standards, asset lifecycle, capacity planning, security, and business continuity/disaster recovery as well as reporting up to IT leadership on business measurements of operational metrics. A strategic understanding and practical experience of system migrations and implementation of Microsoft Azure will be required.
At inception of the role, particular focus will be required to lead the global networking/security group, secure cloud operations and with the establishment of a new DevOps environment. As the role evolves in subsequent phases, there will be flexible opportunities to take on more diverse technical responsibilities or managerial roles.
This is a hands-on position within the infrastructure management team and will liaise with colleagues in US, Europe, and Asia on the deployment of global orientated Infrastructure architecture and applications. Liaise with business stakeholders in service, engineering, and peers in IT over operational management and the continuous improvement and expansion of existing services. This leader will be able to manage a team to deploy and maintain high-availability, fault-tolerant private, public and hybrid cloud systems technology stacks and will enable these to most efficient and effective deployments.
- Manage, Deploy, and Support Microsoft Azure based technology systems meeting stringent performance and availability requirements in alignment with approved architectural frameworks
- Delivery of Global WAN/(w)LAN/SD-WAN Networking and associated security related technologies, operations, and project delivery
- Conduct research and analysis on technology solutions, develop proposals for implementation, identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensuring compliance to relevant security-, operational- and governance frameworks globally, through close collaboration with relevant business partners in QRA, Legal and IT Governance
- Provide high-level technical operations and serve as escalation point for operational technical issues and provide supervision to prevent, detect, identify, and resolve incidents. Either direct or our service providers
- Report on IT Operational KPIs such as: availability, performance, provisioning, utilization, project status, auditing, and capacity planning for system and personnel resourcing
- Implement and maintain System Management Tools to provide monitoring (insight) and management of all infrastructure
- Display management and leadership qualities for the rollout of best-practices, and policies & procedures. Adherence to applicable regulations for Medical Devices and Governance controls
- Maintain, audit, and harden Security policies and procedures
- Conduct System Outage Analysis to prevent the reoccurrence of incidents
- Responsible for the production environments through monitoring, performance, security, reliability, availability, capacity, latency, and other non-functional aspects
- Drive output from our service providers
- Co-ordinate responses to major incidents, including root cause analysis and post incident reporting
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Significant experience with specific knowledge of networking technologies, security, virtualization, and cloud technologies (Azure certifications preferred)
- Strong experience (including recent practical hands-on) with networking (WAN, SD-WAN, LAN), security, virtualization, and data centre technologies (Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, Citrix, etc), and data centre architecture. Relevant certifications preferred
- Strong experience in (remote) people management of technologists
- Strong experience in managing applications in load balanced environments
- Drive to become trusted technical advisor in new relevant technologies
- Experience in scripting languages such as PowerShell preferred
- Proven experience in project management and ITIL (incident-, change-, request- management)
- Not afraid to make hands dirty and be hands-on
- Able to work to deadlines in a sometimes intense and fast–paced environment
- Business acumen
For a full consultation on this role please email your CV to Arc IT Recruitment.